Are you looking for the best outdoor baby swing 2022? After doing expert analysis, we have found the best outdoor baby swings in the market right now. You can use these swings in parks and also in your house yard.
We have shortlisted ten outdoor swings; any of them can be the right choice for you. These outdoor baby swings are usable for both infants and toddlers. According to us, Eastern Jungle gym is the best outdoor swing among all of them. However, other swings mentioned in this article are also good and can give a pleasant experience to your kid. Feel free to let us know about your desired swing in the comment section.
Electric baby swings are suitable for infants only, but they need such outdoor baby swings once the baby grows up and becomes a toddler. Only these swings can make them happy, which, along with entertainment, also allow them to explore the outdoor environment.
Moreover, there are many designs and shapes of the swings in the market, but we will discuss the best outdoor baby swings, which are perfectly suitable and secure for the outdoor environment. We have just done some research, taken some users’ reviews, and listed the market’s best available swings.
Table of Contents
- Here is The List of Some Best Outdoor Baby Swings
- 1. Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty Swing Seat
- 2. Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set
- 3. Little Tikes 2-in-1 swing
- 4. Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
- 5. SAFARI SWINGS Kids Swing Seat
- 6. Take Me Away Swing Seat
- 7. Squirrel Products Toddler Swing Seat
- 8. Secure Canvas Hanging Swing Seat
- 9. JOYMOR Toddler Swing
- 10. Baby Kids Canvas Hanging Swing
- How to Buy a Perfect outdoor baby swing?
- What are the types of outdoor baby swings?
- Safety Tips While Using an Outdoor Baby Swing
- What should be the baby’s age while using an outdoor baby swing?
- What are the benefits of using an outdoor baby swing?
- The proper procedure for hanging the outdoor baby swing
- Final verdict
Here is The List of Some Best Outdoor Baby Swings
1. Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty Swing Seat
Eastern jungle gym swing comes in the list with fully assembled, fully enclosed, and high back features to provide additional safety and support to your baby. It is a perfect commercial quality swing and constructed with high-quality material. It’s an ideal swing to use indoor and outdoor as well. The recommended age for this swing is 6 to 4 years.
This swing is made up of polyethylene material. The swings’ chains are approximately 66 inches long and coated with yellow plastisol to make it soft and pinch-free grip. Moreover, you can also adjust the chain’s length according to your requirement.
The swing is specially constructed to make it durable and long-lasting. Its co-polymer plastic provides 360 degrees of safety.
Dimensions and weight
It has dimensions of 14 x 13 x 12 inches and is 8 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Eastern jungle gym swing seat
2. Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set
The wooden Horse Toddler swing is on the top of the list due to its unique design. Its shape is like a horse, which is very attractive for babies. It is perfectly designed for both purposes, i.e., environmentally friendly and entirely safe for your baby.
This swing is made with all-natural material to make it free from any chemicals. Its seat is made of wooden material, and ropes contain sturdy cotton material. It is a laboratory-tested swing to protect your baby from any danger.
Safe and comfortable
This swing is like a bucket seat to provide maximum safety to your baby. All the edges of this swing are perfectly rounded and sanded for additional comfort and peace of mind. You can easily use this swing for six months to 3 years old baby.
It has a versatile design to use indoor and outdoor as well. You can easily hang this swing in your front or backyard as a tree swing, porch swing, patio swing, or playground accessory. You can also hang it indoors with low or high ceilings. So it’s a perfect swing to use, even on chilly or rainy days.
It is a handcrafted swing, and we found it durable. You can expect it to last for a very long time. It is made up of solid birch wood and wears resistant cotton ropes.
Simple and easy to assemble
This swing includes all the material which is required for its installation. You just need to follow the installation guide from the instruction manual.
Dimensions and weight
It has dimensions of 15.8 x 5.5 x 25.5 inches and is 5.5 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Wooden horse toddler swing seat
3. Little Tikes 2-in-1 swing
Little Tikes swing comes on the list with a perfect safe design within the low price range. It has a high back seat with shoulder straps to provide maximum safety to your baby during a swing. Moreover, these shoulder straps are adjustable according to your baby’s size. If you don’t want to use the T-bar and straps, you can move them to the swing’s bottom.
But this product doesn’t include anchors, so you have to buy them separately. It’s a durable design for indoor and outdoor use. The loading and unloading of this swing are easy due to its rotatable T-bar. You can use this swing for up to 50 lbs of baby. Because of all these features, this swing stands among the best outdoor baby swings.
Safety and comfort
This swing is a perfect combination of safety and comfort. So this swing provides you the ease of mind while your baby is in the swing.
Dimensions and weight
It has dimensions of 16.3 x 16 x 17 inches, and it weighs 3 pounds.
PROS & CONS of Little tikes 2-in-1 swing
4. Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
Step2 infant and toddler swing is a comfortable and easy loading swing for babies and tots. This swing has a restraint system to protect your baby from any kind of damage. It has a weather-resistant rope that protects the swing’s rope from lousy weather conditions. You can use this swing for nine months to 3 years old baby with a maximum of 50 pounds weight limit.
It has a perfect safe design within the low price range. Its high seat back and front support make it highly secure and comfortable for your baby.
You can easily clean the swing seat as it doesn’t have any narrow spaces, which are very hard to reach. You can easily clean the seat with a piece of cloth. Moreover, the seat is weather-resistant, so you don’t need to clean the seat regularly.
Dimensions and weight
It has dimensions of 24.1 x 16.1 x 10.4 inches and is 5.4 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Step2 infant to toddler swing
5. SAFARI SWINGS Kids Swing Seat
Safari swing comes on the list due to its premium quality features within the average price range. This swing is constructed with high-quality plastic material and other top-grade components. It has a stainless steel chain coated with the galvanization process to protect your baby’s skin.
The whole package includes all the accessories for playgrounds and the backyard. You will get the high back full swing seat, coated chain, and two quick links for easy installation. The seat is 9 inches deep, with 11.5 inches tall back. It’s a perfect swing for six months to 4 years old baby.
It has a super safe design to provide you a tension-free environment while your baby is in the swing. Its coated chain provides a harmless and perfect non-slippery grip to your baby. Moreover, its high back makes it safer to swing.
Dimensions and weight
It has dimensions of 11.8 x 11.8 x 11.5 inches and is 7.5 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Safari swing seat
6. Take Me Away Swing Seat
Take Me Away Swing Seat is a perfect outdoor baby swing choice for young children who are learning how to swing. It’s a good swing with all the traditional swing options, helping your baby build up their strength. You can use it for a perfect outdoor activity. This swing is suitable for six months to 3 years old baby. This swing set includes the 66 inches chain with coating and a red toddler bucket.
It has a durable design that can last for a very long time. Its bucket is made up of high-quality material with a high-quality plastic seat. Moreover, the zinc plated hardware is perfect for a year of use.
This swing comes with playground accessory parts. Its size is perfect to use outside for infants and toddlers for your baby or kid.
Dimensions and weight
It has dimensions of 11.4 x 11.4 x 10.2 inches and is 7.7 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Take me away swing seat
7. Squirrel Products Toddler Swing Seat
Squirrel products swing is made for babies, young children, and kids who are learning to swing. If it fits in your price bracket, you should go for it.
It is an excellent outdoor baby swing for 4-months to 4-years old babies. It is a perfect high-back toddler swing with 66 inches of chain. You can easily use this swing for babies with a maximum weight limit of 150 lbs.
Safe and comfortable
Its design is safe and comfortable with a high back to provide a maximum safety level for your baby. The 30 inches chain is wrapped in a plastic coating to protect your baby’s hands. So you can feel confident and worry-free by putting your baby in this swing.
Its design is very durable that can last for a longer period. Its design is impressive, with improved safety and functionality.
Dimension and weight
It has a dimension of 16.3 x 16 x 17 inches and is 7.6 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Squirrel products swing seat
8. Secure Canvas Hanging Swing Seat
Secure Canvas Hanging Swing comes on the list with a beautiful design and detachable cushions for more comfort and safety. Your child will enjoy more by playing in this good outdoor baby swing.
Its adjustable rope makes it more versatile for different scenarios. It has wood handles on each side to make it more durable and safe for your child. It’s a perfect design with long-lasting features. You can use this swing for six months to three years of baby with 150 lbs weight.
This swing brings much happiness to your baby. Its versatile design makes it usable anywhere, i.e., indoor or outdoor. You can hang it anywhere, like on the ceiling, trapeze table, or tree.
This swing also includes accessories like wooden sticks, canvas, removable cushions, and adjustable rope. Its assembly is very easy.
Dimensions and weight
It has a dimension of 15.8 x 15.8 x 63 inches and is 3.3.1 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Secure canvas hanging swing seat
9. JOYMOR Toddler Swing
JOYMOR Toddler swing comes on the list with its safety guarantee. Its seat’s design is perfect, with high back support to provide safe swinging to your baby. Moreover, it is crafted with a polymer material to provide additional support and safety. It has a non-toxic bucket with non-allergic features.
It’s a perfect swing to use for six months to 4 years babies with a weight limit of 250 lbs. This product comes with a satisfaction guarantee to provide your little one year of tension-free enjoyment.
Easy to install
It’s very easy to install this fully pre-assembled swing. You can easily hang this swing directly to any suitable support.
It’s a very safe and worry-free design for your child. The 30 inches of its chain is wrapped in plastic coating to protect your child’s hands. Moreover, the complete coating on the chain protects you from any kind of sharp injury.
Dimensions and weight
It has dimensions of 12.6 x 10.2 x 77.6 inches, and it weighs 8.35 pounds.
PROS & CONS of Joymor toddler swing
10. Baby Kids Canvas Hanging Swing
Canvas hanging swing is made up of high-quality and safe material. Its seat is very comfortable and breathable at the same time. Moreover, it can’t get damaged easily. The wooden sticks around the seat increase its durability.
These wooden sticks are polished with sandpaper to prevent your baby’s skin from any kind of damage. It has a durable, strong, and wear-resistant rope, which increases the stability of the swing.
It has a versatile design that is usable for indoor and outdoor environments. You can easily install this swing with different accessories on the ceiling and even on the door frame. Moreover, you can also install it on an outdoor tree or any other convenient place in the outdoor environment.
Lightweight and portable
This swing is for toddlers, so make sure to use it for babies who are 6-months to 3-years old. It is a lightweight and portable swing so that you can carry it anywhere easily. You can also easily adjust the rope length according to your requirement.
Dimensions and weight
It has dimensions of 15.9 x 9.2 x 3 inches and 3.3.5 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Baby kids canvas hanging swing
How to Buy a Perfect outdoor baby swing?
Whenever you search for the best outdoor baby swing for your baby, you need a swing that can perfectly fit your desired place. As discussed, all the baby swings outdoor have almost the same dimensions. Moreover, all the outdoor baby swings have an adjustable chain, so you can easily adjust the swing in your garden in the desired place according to your requirement. But despite all these main points, there are some general points on which you need to focus on buying a perfect outdoor baby swing or outdoor toddler swing.
- First of all, decide your price range, whether you want a high or low-priced baby swing.
- See the weight limit of that outdoor hanging swing; it must match the weight of your baby.
- See the rope length and measure it with your desired place, where you are thinking of hanging it.
- Never compromise on the safety of the baby swing. Ensure that the outdoor baby swing you are thinking of buying must have a T-bar or shoulder strap or high back. It is necessary to keep your baby safe. Otherwise, your baby can fall out of the swing and make himself injure.
- Check the material of the swing. The material must be durable and of high quality, as it is necessary for swing stability.
- Your baby should be able to fit in the swing perfectly. It means it should neither be too tight that you face a problem while putting him inside the swing, nor it should be to lose that your baby keeps on slipping inside the swing.
- Always prefer to buy a baby swing from trusted brands because they take good care of material quality and safety standards. Just like all the swings mentioned above are manufactured by trusted brands. So they can be an excellent option to consider.
- Then choose a swing in your range from the above-listed swings. Because all the swings listed above are reviewed by our experts, and all are perfect outdoor baby swings.
These are some general points about the outdoor baby swing, leading you towards a perfect purchase decision.
What are the types of outdoor baby swings?
There are many types of baby swings that you can use in an outside environment. All these types are very comfortable that can provide pleasure and comfort to your baby. Each kind of swing can give different levels of experience to your baby. Let’s discuss those types of outdoor baby swings.
It is shaped like a disc containing a disc for sitting purposes. Your baby can sit on that disk; in this swing, the baby holds the rope in a way that his legs go around the rope. You can hang this swing with any branch of a tree or even with the swing set. But this type of swing is not suitable for very young babies, as there is a risk of falling out in this type of swing. So your baby should be a little older to use a disk swing.
Some disk swing contains four ropes. These swings containcRopes at each corner of the disc, and your baby sits in the middle of that swing. These four ropes disk swings are more secure than the single rope disk swings.
The belt swing is a very flexible type of outdoor swing. It is also a suitable option for older children like toddlers, so younger babies should avoid this type of swing. This swing is also known as a strap swing. It is a sturdy belt or a strap attached to ropes or chains at both ends. This belt is made up of flexible materials like rubber or plastic. The design is really simple but provides a different kind of pleasure to toddlers.
The bucket swing is the safest type of outdoor baby swing as it contains a deep seat with a high back, which increases its security and lowers the risk of falling out to a minimal level. It also includes two rubber-coated chains or ropes that are attached to it’s both ends. You can hang this swing on any stable branch of a tree or with a swing set. The suitable age for this swing is between 6 months to 4 years.
Safety Tips While Using an Outdoor Baby Swing
The safety of the baby should always be a priority. That’s why we decided to share some tips that can make the experience of an outdoor baby swing safe for your baby. It is compulsory for you always to follow the below-mentioned tips because this is how you can keep your baby safe from getting injured.
- Never leave your baby alone. Always stay along his side while he is swinging on the swing.
- Never let your baby stand or kneel in a swing, as it increases the chances of falling out.
- Your first preference should be a nursery swing seat for your baby, as it provides shoulder straps for your baby’s safety. It is the best way to keep your baby secure from falling out.
- You can also consider buying a toddler bucket. It is also secure due to its deep seat and high back.
- If your baby swing came with the s-hook system, make sure it is properly closed. Otherwise, the swing’s chain can be detached, and your baby can fall out along with the swing.
- While installing the swing, take time first, and read the instruction manual properly. Then install a baby swing with proper care and by following all the guidelines recommended by the manufacturer.
- If you are hanging an outdoor baby swing on a tree branch. Then properly check the branch first. Make sure that the branch is solid enough to easily bear the weight of the swing along with the baby.
- Make sure you are following the age limit of using that baby swing. You can read the age limit in the description section of the baby swing. Your baby should lie within that age limit. Exceeding the age limit or using the baby swing before reaching the specified age is dangerous for your baby.
- If the swing seat is surrounded by metal, check its edges first. Edges shouldn’t be sharp; otherwise, they can harm the skin of your baby.
- If the swing contains metal parts, never use it on a sunny day. Otherwise, metal can become hot and burn the skin of your baby.
- Try to hang a swing on a place where the surface is softer. If possible, you can also add a rubber mat on the surface. Because if somehow baby falls off the swing or if any mishap happens, then at least your baby stays safe from a major injury.
- Make sure to choose an even surface under the swing set or a tree where you think of hanging the swing. Clear all kinds of obstacles on the surface.
If you keep the tips mentioned above in your mind, then your baby can enjoy safe swinging.
What should be the baby’s age while using an outdoor baby swing?
Age is also an essential factor while choosing a baby swing. Because younger babies need high seats and safety belts, older babies can choose more options, like bucket swing, belt swing, and disk swing.
Your baby should use an outdoor baby swing when he can sit on his own and when he can support himself. Usually, babies can use an outdoor baby swing when they become six months old. Then they can use it till they reach four years of age. So it’s better to choose a baby swing according to his age.
What are the benefits of using an outdoor baby swing?
An outdoor baby swing can provide you with a lot of benefits. So let’s discuss those benefits which your baby can get while swinging on this swing.
A baby swing is a perfect way of enjoying an outdoor environment as your baby can swing in the fresh air while exploring the outside world. The happiness you’ll see on his face will be priceless because babies can get bored by sitting at home all day.
A baby needs some kind of new experience in his life. He can get all the fun and entertainment he wants by swinging in a baby swing outside his home. So if your baby stays frustrated, then take him outside, let him experience the outside swinging; you’ll see that his frustration will be gone.
Encourage more control over his body.
As the baby swing continuously moves in a back and forth motion. So during these motions, the baby needs to continually adjust his body according to swinging directions. In this way, he learns to balance his body, and it also helps improve the strength of his core muscles. In this way, he gains more control over his body.
Help him to explore the outside world.
Baby swing helps the baby in exploring the outside world. He sees different things outside and tries to engage with them. It keeps them mentally prepared while enjoying the new colors of life.
It helps to develop the sensory system.
With the advancement in technology, nowadays, our houses are filled with many indoor gadgets. We don’t find enough time to go outside or take our kids out. In this way, kids can’t develop the sensory system properly. So outside swinging is the best way to improve the sensory system.
When a baby is swinging outside, he is learning different scenarios. He inhales fresh oxygen through the air and sends it to his muscles, which positively affects his activity level and mood. If a baby has a healthy sensory system, it will help him greatly in his learning process. The healthy sensory system aids in complex learning.
Swinging help in creating spatial awareness and also help make the balance of the inner ear. Due to this, when a baby is swinging in the swing, his brain is organizing and interpreting spatial awareness. In this way, he starts complex learning, which latterly affects his behavior as well. As the swing moves forth and back, so during its motions, the baby also learns to focus.
The proper procedure for hanging the outdoor baby swing
If you have a backyard at your home, it is the perfect place to hang a baby swing. You can hang it on a solid tree in your garden. The proper installation of the swing is mandatory. Because it is necessary for your baby’s safety and the tree, the below-mentioned steps will help you hang the baby swing correctly.
- Select any solid tree in your backyard. Oak is the best example of such a kind of robust tree. Make sure not to select the fruit tree as the branches of fruit trees are weaker than the other trees.
- Then physically check the branch of a tree; it should be thicker and solid enough to bear a baby’s weight along with a swing.
- If the branch is infected by pests, then don’t choose such a branch.
- Then choose the highest quality rope or high-quality chain because they will bear all the weight. Low-quality rope can be broken easily and cause damage to your baby.
- Drill two holes in the branch of a tree. Distance between two holes should be more extensive than the width of a swing, as it helps to increase the stability of a swing. If you use a disk swing, then only one hole is enough.
- Then insert an eyebolt from the bottom side of the hole in the branch of a tree.
- Once it appears on the branch’s surface, tighten it with a nut so it cannot fall off the branch. Do the same for the 2nd hole as well. Check twice; insert the eyebolts correctly, make sure that eyebolts can’t fall off as they are going to bear all the weight.
- Now insert s-hooks in the Eyebolts. S-hook is used to insert rope or chain in it properly.
- Insert the rope or chain in the s-hooks. Tie to rope tightly in it.
- Now the swing is ready to use. Your baby can enjoy swinging in it. Make sure to change the damaged ropes periodically to ensure the baby’s safety. Keep checking the health of the branch and the status of nuts regularly.
This method is safer than the other method, but if you don’t have the equipment, you can simply tie the rope around the branch of the tree tightly. This method is easy, but it is not as secure as mentioned above.
Is the fast swing safe for the baby?
When we talk about the baby swing, make sure your baby is entirely safe in the swing. Usually, the swings are very durable and secure according to their design. But whenever you are using the swing, your priority should be the baby’s safety. Keep in mind that a fast swing can damage your baby’s brain. Therefore take care of the baby and always try to swing slowly or at a medium speed to keep the baby safe from any kind of damage.
Do the swings make your baby dizzy?
Sometimes people put their babies on the swings for an extended period, which can make your baby dizzy. Moreover, swinging for a long time can cause many health issues for your baby. So don’t use the swings for an extended period.
How many types of baby swings?
There are different types of baby swings available for various purposes. The different types of baby swings include the full-sized swing, portable swing, glider swing, cradle swing, bouncer swing, hanging swing, and rocker swing.
How long can I put my baby in the swing?
There are no strict rules, but try to stay within the limit and make sure that swinging duration shouldn’t exceed more than an hour in a day, especially if you are using the motorized swing.
Can I use the swing for my sleeping baby?
Don’t put your sleeping baby in the swing; either it’s the outdoor baby swing or the motorized baby swing. The American Academy of Pediatrics advises not to use infant swings for babies while they sleep. Otherwise, it can cause harm to your baby, so use the baby swing only when your baby is awake; once he falls asleep, take him out of the swing and put him on the bed or a baby mattress.
Many brands are manufacturing outdoor baby swings, but not all of them are highly durable. To save your time, we did research and also did talk with some home users to find the best available outdoor baby swings for you in different price ranges. All the baby swings listed above are highly durable and the best swings you can get in the market. If you want to go with our experts’ choice, then according to them, the Eastern jungle gym heavy-duty swing is the best outdoor baby swing in the market right now.