Looking for best outdoor baby swing 2020? After doing expert analysis, we have found the best outdoor baby swings in market right now. These types of seats mostly found in parks, and playgrounds. Moreover, these type seats are also used by the acrobats in the circus, and some old people also use these type seats for relaxation purposes.
But a swing is specially designed for the babies. There are different names are used for the swing like a baby swing, baby bouncers, and baby rockers. These names are usually used due to the different functions of the swing.
Baby swing can be used for different purposes like soothing, relaxing, and also for the entertainment purpose. You can easily choose between infants and toddlers. It’s a perfect tool to entertain your crying baby.
Moreover, there are a lot of designs and shapes of the swings in market, but we are going to discuss the best outdoor baby swings which are perfectly suitable and secure for the outdoor environment. We have just done some research and took some users reviews, and listed the best available swings in market.
Table of Contents
- Here is The List of Some Best Outdoor Baby Swings
- 1. Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty Swing Seat
- 2. Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set
- 3. Little Tikes 2-in-1 swing
- 4. Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
- 5. SAFARI SWINGS Kids Swing Seat
- 6. Take Me Away Swing Seat
- 7. Squirrel Products Toddler Swing Seat
- 8. Secure Canvas Hanging Swing Seat
- 9. JOYMOR Toddler Swing
- 10. Baby Kids Canvas Hanging Swing
- How to Choose?
- What are the types of outdoor baby swing?
- Safety Tips While Using an Outdoor Baby Swing
- What should be the age of baby while using an outdoor baby swing?
- What are the benefits of using an outdoor baby swing?
- Proper procedure for hanging the outdoor baby swing
- Final verdict
Here is The List of Some Best Outdoor Baby Swings
|Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty Swing Seat|
High back seat, Heavy duty, Fully assembled, Soft chain
|Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set|
Durable, Unique design, Indoor & outdoor, Safe & comfortable
|Little Tikes 2-in-1 swing|
Safe & comfortable, T-bar, Adjustable straps, Light weight, Low price
|Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Seat|
Safe, Easy cleaning, Low price, Weather resistant
|Safari Swings Kids Swing Seat|
Super safe, Average price, Easy to install, 2 quick links
|Take Me Away Swing Seat|
Durable, Outdoor play set, Safe, Zinc plated hardware
|Squirrel Products Toddler Swing Seat|
Safe & comfortable, Durable, Plastic coated chain, High back seat
|Secure Canvas Hanging Swing Seat|
Versatile, Accessories, Light weight, Low price
|JOYMOR Toddler Swing|
Non-toxic material, Safe & comfortable, Galvanized chain, Eco-friendly
|Baby Kids Canvas Hanging Swing|
Versatile, Light weight, Portable, Soft cotton cushions
1. Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty Swing Seat
Eastern jungle gym swing comes in the list with fully assembled, fully enclosed, and high back features to provide the additional safety and support to your baby. It is a perfect commercial quality swing and constructed with high-quality material. It’s a perfect swing to use indoor and outdoor as well. The recommended age for this swing is 6 to 4 years.
This swing is made up of polyethylene material. The chains of the swings are approximately 66 inches long and coated with yellow plastisol to make it soft and pinch-free grip. Moreover, you can also adjust the chain’s length according to your requirement.
The swing is specially constructed to make it durable and long-lasting. Its co-polymer plastic provides 360 degrees of safety.
Dimensions and weight
It has the dimensions of 14 x 13 x 12 inches and 8 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Eastern jungle gym swing seat
2. Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set
The wooden Horse Toddler swing is on the top of the list due to its unique design. Its shape is like a horse which is very attractive for the babies. It is perfectly designed for both purposes i.e. environmental friendly and completely safe for your baby.
This swing is made with all-natural material to make it free from any chemical. Its seat is made with wooden material and ropes are made with strong cotton material. It is a laboratory tested swing to protect your baby from any kind of danger.
Safe and comfortable
This swing is like a bucket seat to provide maximum safety to your baby. It’s all edges are perfectly rounded and sanded for additional comfort and peace of mind. You can easily use this swing for 6 months to 3 years old baby.
It has a versatile design to use it indoor and outdoor as well. You can easily hang this swing in your front or backyard as a tree swing, porch swing, patio swing, or playground accessory. You can also hang it indoor with low or high ceilings. So it’s a perfect swing to use it even in chilly or rainy days.
It is a perfect handcrafted swing that brings you the long-lasting baby gift. It is made up of solid birch wood and wears resistant cotton ropes. This swing also supports your baby development, help to improve mood, and mobility.
Simple and easy to assemble
This swing includes all the material which are required for its installation. You just need to follow the installation guide from the instruction manual.
Dimensions and weight
It has the dimensions of 15.8 x 5.5 x 25.5 inches and 5.5 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Wooden horse toddler swing seat
3. Little Tikes 2-in-1 swing
Little Tikes swing comes in the list with a perfect safe design within the low price range. It has the high back seat with shoulder straps to provide the maximum safety to your baby during swing. Moreover, these shoulder straps can be adjusted according to your baby’s size. If you don’t want to use the T-bar and straps, you can easily move them to the bottom of the swing.
But this product doesn’t include the anchors. It’s a durable design for indoor and outdoor use. This swing has a T-bar which is rotatable for easy loading and unloading. You can use this swing for up to 50 lbs baby. Because of all these features, it is considered as one of the best outdoor baby swing.
Safety and comfort
This swing is a perfect combination of safety and comfort. So this swing provides you the comfort of mind while your baby is in the swing.
Dimensions and weight
It has the dimensions of 16.3 x 16 x 17 inches and it weighs 3 pounds.
PROS & CONS of Little tikes 2-in-1 swing
4. Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
Step2 infant and toddler swing is a comfortable and easy loading swing for babies and tots. This swing has a restraint system to protect your baby from any kind of damage. It has weather-resistant rope which protects the swing’s rope from bad weather conditions. You can use this swing for 9 months to 3 years old baby with maximum of 50 pounds weight limit.
It has a perfect safe design within the low price range. Its high seat back and front support makes it highly secure and comfortable for your baby.
You can easily clean the swing seat as it doesn’t have any narrow spaces which are very hard to reach. You can easily clean the seat with a piece of cloth. Moreover, the seat is weather-resistant so you don’t need to clean the seat regularly.
Dimensions and weight
It has the dimensions of 24.1 x 16.1 x 10.4 inches and 5.4 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Step2 infant to toddler swing
5. SAFARI SWINGS Kids Swing Seat
Safari swing comes in the list due to its premium quality features within the average price range. This swing is constructed with high-quality plastic material and other top-grade components. It has a stainless steel chain that is coated with galvanization process to protect your baby’s skin.
The whole package includes the high back full swing seat, coated chain, and two quick links for easy installation. The seat is 9 inches deep with 11.5 inches tall back. It’s a perfect swing for 6 months to 4 years old baby. It also includes the accessories for playgrounds and backyard.
It has a super safe design to provide you a tension-free environment while your baby is in the swing. Its coated chain provides the harmless and perfect non-slippery grip to your baby. Moreover, its high back makes it safer to swing.
Dimensions and weight
It has the dimensions of 11.8 x 11.8 x 11.5 inches and 7.5 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Safari swing seat
6. Take Me Away Swing Seat
Take Me Away Swing Seat is a perfect outdoor baby swing choice for young children who are learning how to swing. It’s a good swing with all the traditional swing options. This will help your baby to build up their strength. It can be a perfect outdoor activity. It’s a good swing for 6 months to 3 years baby. This swing set includes the 66 inches chain with coating and red toddler bucket.
It has a durable design to provide you a long-lasting product. Its bucket is made up of high-quality material with a high-quality plastic seat. Moreover, the zinc plated hardware is perfect for year of use.
This swing comes with playground accessory parts. Its size is perfect to use outside for infants and toddlers for your baby or kid.
Dimensions and weight
It has the dimensions of 11.4 x 11.4 x 10.2 inches and 7.7 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Take me away swing seat
7. Squirrel Products Toddler Swing Seat
Squirrel products swing is for babies and young children as well as for those kids who are learning to swing. This swing is perfectly designed to be added to a swing set, jungle gym, or any other outdoor playset.
This is a good outdoor baby swing for the age of 4 months to 4 years old babies. You can easily use this swing for the babies with the maximum weight limit of 150 lbs. It is a perfect high back toddler swing with 66 inches of chain.
Safe and comfortable
Its design is safe and comfortable with a high back to provide maximum level of safety to your baby. The 30 inches chain is wrapped in a plastic coating to protect your baby’s hands. So you can feel confident and worry-free by putting your baby in this swing.
Its design is very durable that can last for longer period of time. Its design is impressive with improved safety and functionality.
Dimension and weight
It has a dimension of 16.3 x 16 x 17 inches and 7.6 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Squirrel products swing seat
8. Secure Canvas Hanging Swing Seat
Secure Canvas Hanging Swing comes in the list with a very attractive design and detachable cushions for more comfort and safety. Your child will enjoy more by playing in this good outdoor baby swing.
Its adjustable rope makes it more versatile for different scenarios. It has wood handles on each side to make it more durable and safe for your child. It’s a perfect design with long-lasting features. You can use this swing for 6 months to 3 years baby with 150 lbs weight.
Its versatile design makes it usable anywhere i.e. indoor or outdoor. You can hang it anywhere like on the ceiling, trapeze table, or tree. This swing brings much happiness for your baby.
This swing also includes some accessories like wooden sticks, canvas, removable cushions, and adjustable rope. Its assembly is very easy.
Dimensions and weight
It has a dimension of 15.8 x 15.8 x 63 inches and 3.3.1 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Secure canvas hanging swing seat
9. JOYMOR Toddler Swing
JOYMOR Toddler swing comes in the list with its safety guarantee. It has a non-toxic bucket with non-allergic features. Its seat is perfectly designed with a high back support to provide the safe swinging to your baby. Moreover, it is crafted with a polymer material to provide additional support and safety.
It’s a perfect swing to use for 6 months to 4 years babies with the weight limit of 250 lbs. This product comes with a satisfaction guarantee to provide your little one years of tension free enjoyment.
Easy to install
It’s very easy to install this fully pre-assembled swing. You can easily hang this swing directly to any suitable support.
It’s a very safe and worry-free design for your child. The 30 inches of its chain is wrapped in plastic coating to protect your child’s hands. Moreover, the complete coating on the chain protects you from any kind of sharp injury.
Dimensions and weight
It has the dimensions of 12.6 x 10.2 x 77.6 inches and it weighs 8.35 pounds.
PROS & CONS of Joymor toddler swing
10. Baby Kids Canvas Hanging Swing
Canvas hanging swing is made up with high quality and safe material. Its seat is very comfortable and breathable at the same time, moreover it can’t get damage easily. The wooden sticks around the seat increases its durability.
These wooden sticks are polished with sandpaper to prevent your baby’s skin from any kind of damage. It has a strong, firm and wear-resistant rope, which increases the stability of swing.
It has a versatile design which is usable for both indoor and outdoor environments. You can easily install this swing with different accessories on the ceiling and even on the door frame. Moreover, you can also install it on an outdoor tree or on any other convenient place in the outdoor environment.
Lightweight and portable
It is a lightweight and portable swing, so that you can carry it anywhere easily. You can also easily adjust the rope length according to your requirement. A perfect swing for 6 months to 3 years old baby.
Dimensions and weight
It has the dimensions of 15.9 x 9.2 x 3 inches and 3.3.5 pounds in weight.
PROS & CONS of Baby kids canvas hanging swing
How to Choose?
How to Buy a Perfect outdoor baby swing?
Whenever you are searching for a best outdoor baby swing for your baby, you need a swing that can perfectly fits on your desired place. As we have discussed all the baby swing outdoor and all of them have almost same dimensions. Moreover, all the baby outdoor swings have the adjustable chain, so you can easily adjust the swing in your garden in the desired place according to your requirement. But despite all these main points, there are some general points on which you need to focus to buy a perfect outdoor baby swing or outdoor toddler swing.
- First of all, decide your price range, whether you want a high or low priced baby swing.
- See the weight limit of that outdoor hanging swing, it must match with the weight of your baby.
- See the rope length and measure it with your desired place, where you are thinking to hang it.
- Never compromise on the safety of the baby swing. So makes sure that the outdoor baby swing, you are thinking to buy must have T-bar or shoulder strap or high back. It is necessary to keep your baby safe. Otherwise, your baby can fall out of the swing and make himself injure.
- Check the material of swing. Material must be durable and of high quality. As it is necessary for the stability of swing.
- Your baby should be able to fit in swing perfectly. Means it should neither be too tight that you face problem while putting him inside the swing nor it should be to lose that your baby keep on slipping inside the swing.
- Always prefer to buy a baby swing from trusted brands. Because they take good care of material quality and safety standards. As all the above mentioned swings are manufactured by trusted brands. So they can be a good option to consider.
- Then choose a swing in your range from the above listed swings. Because all the swings listed above are tested by our experts and all are perfect outdoor baby swings.
These are some general points about the outdoor baby swing which can lead you towards a perfect purchase decision.
What are the types of outdoor baby swing?
There are many types of baby swings which can be used in an outside environment. All these types are very comfortable that can provide pleasure and comfort to your baby. Each type of swing can provide different levels of experience to your baby. Let’s discuss those types of outdoor baby swing.
It is shaped like a disk, as it contains a disk for sitting purpose. Your baby can sit on that disk and hold the rope in a way that his legs go around the rope. You can hang this swing with any branch of a tree or even with the swing set. But this type of swing is not suitable for very young babies, as there is a risk of falling out in this type of swing.
So your baby should be little older to use disk swing. Some disk swing contains 4 ropes. Ropes are attached at each corner of the disk and your baby sits in the middle of that swing. These 4 ropes disk swings more secure than the single rope disk swings.
This is very flexible type of outdoor swing. This is also a suitable option for older children like toddlers, so younger babies should avoid this type of swing. This swing is also known as strap swing. It is a strong belt or a strap which attached with ropes or chains at both ends. This belt is made up with flexible material like rubber or plastic. The design is really simple, but provide a different kind of pleasure to toddlers.
This is the safest type of outdoor baby swing. As it contains a deep seat with a high back, which increases its security and lower the risk of falling out to minimal level. It also contains two rubber coated chains or ropes which are attached it’s both ends. You can hang this swing any solid branch of a tree or with a swing set. Suitable age for using this swing is between 6 months to 4 years.
Safety Tips While Using an Outdoor Baby Swing
The Safety of the baby should always be the first priority. That’s why we decided to share some tips that can make the experience of outdoor baby swing safe for your baby. It is compulsory for you to always follow the mentioned below tips. Because this is how you can keep your baby safe from getting injured.
- Never leave your baby alone. Always stay along his side while he is swinging on the swing.
- Never let your baby stand or kneel in a swing, as it increases the chances of falling out.
- Your first preference should be a nursery swing seat for your baby, as it provides shoulder straps for the safety of your baby. This is the best way to keep your baby secure from falling out.
- You can also consider buying toddler bucket. It is also secure due to its deep seat and high back.
- If your baby swing came with s-hook system, then make sure that it is properly closed. Otherwise, the swing’s chain can be detached and your baby can fall out along with the swing.
- While installing the swing, take time first and read the instruction manual properly. Then install a baby swing with proper care and by following all the guidelines recommended by manufacturer.
- If you are hanging an outdoor baby swing on a branch of a tree. Then properly check the branch first. Make sure that the branch is solid enough to easily bear the weight of the swing along with baby.
- Make sure, you are following the age limit of using that baby swing. You can read the age limit in the description section of the baby swing. Your baby should be lied within that age limit. Exceed the age limit or using the baby swing before reaching the specified age is dangerous for your baby.
- If the swing seat is surrounded by metal, then check its edges first. Edges shouldn’t be sharp, otherwise they can harm the skin of your baby.
- If the swing contains metal parts, then never use in on a sunny day. Otherwise, metal can become hot and burn the skin of your baby.
- Try to hang swing on a place where the surface is softer. Because if somehow baby falls off the swing or if any kind of mishap happens, then at least your baby stays safe from major injury. If possible, you can also add rubber mat on the surface.
- Make sure to choose an even surface under the swing set or a tree, where you are thinking to hang the swing. Clear all kinds of obstacles on the surface.
If you’ll keep the above mentioned tips in your mind, then your baby can enjoy safe swinging.
What should be the age of baby while using an outdoor baby swing?
Age is also an important factor while choosing a baby swing. Because younger babies need high seat along with safety belts and older babies can choose more options as well like bucket swing, belt swing, and disk swing.
Your baby should use an outdoor baby swing, when he is able to sit on his own, when he can support himself. Normally babies can use outdoor baby swing when they become 6 months old, then they can use till they reach 4 years of their age. So it’s better to choose a baby swing according to his age.
What are the benefits of using an outdoor baby swing?
An outdoor baby swing can provide you a lot of benefits. So let’s discuss those benefits which your baby can get while swinging on this swing.
Baby swing is a really good way of enjoying an outdoor environment. As your baby can swing in the fresh air while exploring the outside world. The happiness you’ll see on his face will be priceless. Because babies can get bored by sitting at home all day.
A baby needs some kind of new experience in his life. He can get all the fun and entertainment he wants by swinging in a baby swing outside his home. So if your baby stays frustrated, then take him outside let him experience the outside swinging, you’ll see that his frustration will be gone.
Encourage more control over his body
As the baby swing continuously moves in a back and forth motion. So during these motions, baby needs to continuously adjust his body, according to swinging directions. This is how he learns to balance his body and it also helps in improving the strength of his core muscles. In this way he gains more control over his body.
Help him to explore the outside world
Baby swing help baby in exploring the outside world. He sees different things outside and tries to engage with them. It keeps them mentally prepared while enjoying the new colors of life.
Helps to develop the sensory system
With the advancement in technology, nowadays our houses are filled with a lot of indoor gadgets. We don’t find enough time to go outside or take our kids outside. This is how kids can’t develop the sensory system properly. So outside swinging is a best way to develop the sensory system.
When a baby is swinging outside, he is learning different scenarios. He is also inhaling fresh oxygen through the air and sending it to his muscles which positively affects his activity level and also on his mood. If a baby has a strong sensory system then it will help him a lot in his learning process. The strong sensory system aids in complex learning.
As swinging help in creating spatial awareness and also the balance of the inner ear. So when a baby is swinging in the swing, his brain is organizing and interpreting the spatial awareness. This is how he starts complex learning which latterly effect on his behavior as well. As the swing moves forth and back, so during its motions baby also learn to focus.
Proper procedure for hanging the outdoor baby swing
If you have a backyard at your home, then it is the perfect place to hang a baby swing. You can hang it on a solid tree in your backyard. Proper installation of swing is mandatory. Because it is necessary for the safety of your baby and of your tree as well. Mentioned below steps will help you in hanging the baby swing perfectly.
- Select any solid tree in your backyard. Oak is the best example of such kind of solid trees. Make sure to not select the fruit tree, as the branches of fruit trees are weaker than the other trees.
- Then physically check the branch of a tree, it should be thicker and solid enough to bear the weight of a baby along with a swing.
- If the branch is infected by pests then don’t choose such branch.
- Then choose the highest quality rope or high quality chain, because they are going to bear all the weight. Low quality rope can be broken easily and cause damage to your baby.
- Drill two holes in the branch of tree. Distance between two holes should be wider than the width of a swing, as it helps to increase the stability of a swing. If you are using a disk swing, then only one hole is enough.
- Then insert eyebolt from the bottom side of the hole in the branch of a tree.
- Once it appears on the surface of the branch, then tight it with a nut, so tightly that it cannot fall off the branch. Do the same for the 2nd hole as well. Check twice, they should be inserted perfectly, make sure that they can’t fall off. As they are going to bear all the weight.
- Now insert s-hooks in the Eyebolts. S-hook is used to properly insert rope or chain in it.
- Insert the rope or chain in the s-hooks. Tie to rope tightly in it.
- Now the swing is ready to use. Your baby can enjoy swinging in it. Make sure to change the damaged ropes periodically to ensure the safety of the baby. Keep checking the health of the branch and the status of nuts periodically.
This method is safer than the other method, but if you don’t have equipments then you can simply tie the rope around the branch of tree tightly. This method is easy but it is not as secure as the above mentioned method.
Is the fast swing safe for baby?
When we talk about the baby swing make sure your baby is completely safe in the swing. Usually, the swings are very durable and safe according to their design. But whenever you are using the swing your priority should be the baby’s safety. Keep in mind that fast swing can damage your baby’s brain. Therefore take care of baby and always try to swing slowly or in a medium speed to keep the baby safe from any kind of damage.
Do the swings make your baby dizzy?
Sometimes people put their babies in the swings for a long period which can make your baby dizzy. Moreover, too long swing can cause many health issues for your baby. So don’t use the swings for a long period.
How many types of baby swing?
There are different types of baby swings are available for different purposes. The different types of baby swings include the full-sized swing, portable swing, glider swing, cradle swing, bouncer swing, hanging swing, and rocker swing.
How long I can put my baby in the swing?
There are no strict rules but try to stay in limit and make sure that swinging duration shouldn’t exceed more than an hour in a day. Especially, if you are using the motorized swing.
Can I use the swing for my sleeping baby?
Don’t put your sleeping baby in the swing, either it’s the outdoor baby swing or the motorized baby swing. The American Academy of pediatrics especially the advice to not use the infant swings for babies while they are sleeping. Otherwise it can cause harm to your baby, so use the baby swing only when your baby is awaked, once he fall asleep then take him out of the swing and put him on the bed or on a baby mattress.
A lot of brand are manufacturing the outdoor baby swings but not all of them are highly durable. To save your time, we did research and also did talk with some home users to find the best available outdoor baby swings for you in different price ranges. All the baby swings listed above are highly durable and the best swings you can get in ,market. If you want to go with our experts’ choice then according to them Eastern jungle gym heavy-duty swing is the best outdoor baby swing in market right now.