Do you want to know, how to make banana baby food? Here you will find the complete range of banana baby food recipes, that you can easily make at home for your little one. Banana is considered as one of the best food for growth as it is full of nutrition like fiber, potassium, vitamin B2, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. Potassium present in banana is really helpful as it promotes healthy blood pressure and healthy heart functions.
You can introduce banana to your baby when they are 6 months old. It’s better to consult with pediatrician before introducing banana to your baby. Banana baby food is easy to make as it is the most convenient fruit and also it is covered in its protective skin. You just have to peel it and then you can easily banana baby food with it.
Get fresh banana from market
Banana is considered to be the ideal fruit for babies as it has smooth texture which makes it easy for babies to mash it. It is easily affordable fruit and available all year. So get medium sized fresh bananas from the market and peel them. You can make the following banana baby foods with it:
Table of Contents
Here Are Some Banana Baby Food Recipes
1. Custard of Banana
- Egg yolks (3)
- Milk ( half cup)
- Bananas (2)
- Cinnamon or ginger (very little amount)
How to make this custard banana baby food?
- Put all the mentioned above ingredients in the blender and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- Now after blending it pour it in the custard and bake it for about 20 minutes at 176°C. Remember one thing time can vary depending upon the thickness or the thinness of blend that you’ve made. So it’s better to check after time interval of 10 minute. You can also make in a frying pan at low heat. If you are making it in a frying pan then don’t forget to put little amount of olive oil.
- To check it, whether the custard is fully finished or not, you can test it by putting the knife in it. If the knife comes out clean then it means you banana custard is ready.
This recipe is suitable for babies who are 8-10 months old
2. Banana and Avocado Puree
- Banana (1)
- Avocado (1)
How to make this banana-avocado baby food?
- First of all peel the banana and the mash it completely.
- Now peel the avocado and then cut it into the slices.
- Now put the both ingredients into the blender and make the puree.
This recipe is suitable for babies who are 4-6 months old.
3. Puree of Tapioca and Banana
- Fresh Banana (1)
- Vanilla yogurt (half cup)
- Water (half cup)
- Quick cooking tapioca (1.5 oz)
How to make Banana baby food with tapioca?
- First of all bring the saucepan and add water in it. Now boil the water.
- Now slowly add tapioca in it and keep on stirring it.
- While stirring it reduce the heat and cook the mixture for about 5 more minutes.
- Now make a separate puree of the banana and pour it in the mixture.
- Now add yogurt in it and blend them together. Your baby banana food is ready.
This recipe is suitable for babies who are 8-10 months old.
4. Banana Rice Baby Food
- Banana puree (half cup)
- Plain yogurt (half cup)
- Vanilla (half teaspoon)
- Cooked brown rice (1 cup)
- Cinnamon (1 dash)
How to make this banana rice baby food?
- Take a saucepan and put all the mentioned above ingredients in it. Gently warm and stir them.
- Now put the mixture in a blender and blend it till the desired texture is achieved. The baby food is ready to eat.
This baby food is suitable for babies who are 8-10 months old.
5. Fried Banana Baby Food
- Butter (2 tablespoon)
- Fresh Bananas (2)
How to make fried banana baby food?
- Take a small frying pan and add 2 tablespoon butter in it, gently heat it.
- Now cut bananas into small slices and put it in the pan. Gently fry the banana slices in it.
- Now sprinkle the cinnamon on it. Fried banana baby food is ready to eat.
This baby food recipe is suitable for babies who are 6-10 months old.
6. Banana Puree
- Banana (1)
- Water or milk (as needed)
How to make banana puree?
- Cut the banana into small pieces and put it in the blender.
- Now add desired amount of milk or water in it and blend them together. Your banana puree is ready for your baby.
This banana puree recipe is suitable for babies who are 6 months old.
Do I need to puree banana for baby?
Of course you need to puree the banana for baby. Because it makes it easy for baby to swallow and digest the food easily. As baby is only few months old and he needs special care, so its better to make the puree of banana for him rather than giving him the solid banana.
How do I keep banana puree from turning brown?
You can stop banana puree from turning brown by adding few drops of lemon or orange juice in it as it will help in preventing from oxidation. Mash the banana or cut into the small pieces rather than big pieces. After mashing it immediately mix it with other cooked foods or with yogurt or with other purees.
How long is banana puree good in fridge?
You can store the banana puree in fridge for about 2-3 days. However you can store in a freezer for about 1 month, but if you have stored it in a freezer then don’t forget to defrost it before using it. Once you have defrosted it then don’t freeze it again.
How do I feed my baby bananas?
Take a fresh banana, peel it and cut it into the small slices. Now put it in the blender along with some breast milk or water and blend it until the desired texture is achieved. Now feed the baby slowly with small baby spoon.
Banana is a healthy fruit which plays a great role in the growth of your baby. It also the affordable fruit and is available throughout the year. Mostly babies love banana as it is easy to swallow and digest. A lot of banana baby food recipes can be made with banana, all are mentioned above. You can try all of them to provide different variety of banana food to your baby.
All the banana baby food recipes are easy to make and can be made with in minutes. Give your baby proper diet and nap for healthy growth and soothe him whenever he cries with baby swings. Remember, taking great care of your baby create affection between you and your little one.